Garage Door Designer
Are you an eager self-starter that loves to work with people?
Are you looking for a career where you can advance quickly and have control over your income?
As a Door Designer at Precision Garage Door Service, you’ll receive training so that you can be up and running quickly with your own company vehicle and stream of customers. We will train and provide you with all the necessary tools to grow your career as far as you want to take it.
You will be the public face of the company as you guide homeowners towards selecting the right garage door for their home and lifestyle.
If you are looking for a company that values your success, where you can grow your career and take control of your income, we would love to talk to you.
Apply at Precision Garage Door Service today!
Why You’ll Want to Join the Precision Garage Door Service Team
As a vetted franchise owner, we’re a leader in the industry, focusing on the customer experience and your career. You’ll receive:
* Professional training and development - Our goal is for our door designers to give every customer an amazing experience, and we have a proven system to do just that.
* Incredible pay - You’ll make between $60,000 and $100,000 per year as a door designer - without experience or a college degree! We give you everything you need to succeed.
* A team invested in your future - We’re a team here, and while you’ll be working independently much of the time, you’ll find out quickly that everyone has your back.
* Support from our office - We have one of the best office teams in the industry. We take care of all the appointment-setting and back-end office work. You just show up at the scheduled location and do what you do best.
* Autonomy - You’ll have a lot of independence as a garage door designer, with your own company-provided vehicle and flexibility in how you help customers throughout the day.
* Support from the Team - Just because you are on your own doesn’t mean you are completely isolated from the rest of the team. We have a dynamic team environment where we keep in touch with everyone, whether it’s on a group phone call or a FaceTime chat to help each other out through the day. We regularly meet, so you’ll get to know everyone on the team well.
* Friendly Competition and Accountability - We push each other to be better and are all competitive by nature. We hold each other accountable and learn from each other’s mistakes.
* One of the Best - As a Precision Garage Door Service employee, you’ll be representing a brand that sets a high level of professionalism in the industry, from our branded company vehicles to our high-quality level of service. We also set a high bar in compensating and taking care of our employees, providing the best benefits packages and compensation opportunities.
Your Responsibilities as a Door Designer
The Door Designer is a key role within the company, responsible for securing sales of new garage doors for residential customers and providing work for the door installation team.
* Establish Rapport - You’ll take the time to get to know your customers on a personal level. People prefer to do business with those they like and trust.
* Educating the Customer - You’ll help your customers understand their options to replace their current garage door, focusing on what is important to them.
* Documentation - In order to ensure a correct fit, you’ll collect detailed measurements inside the garage, and take photos for the installer to review.
* Design the Perfect Door - Using a variety of tools that we will provide, you will help the customer visualize & build excitement for their new door.
* Follow Up - Maintain communication with all unsold prospects in order to close as many sales as possible.
How to Succeed in this Role
* Maximizing Your Time - You will stay busy by fully addressing the customer’s needs and offering them the best solutions, and managing your time throughout the day to help as many customers as you can. This allows you to control your own income.
* Accurate Measurements - Taking your time to get this right will ensure that every door is a perfect fit, leading to happy customers & glowing reviews.
* Be Yourself - People regard salesmen with suspicion but respond warmly to genuine connections.
* Commitment to Professionalism - Represent yourself and the company well at all times.
Requirements for the Door Designer Role
Basic Position Requirements
* Must have mechanical aptitude and basic math competency.
* Must have a valid driver’s license & clean driving record.
* Must be able to work in the heat and cold, both outside and inside garages that may not be temperature-controlled.
* Must have interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers and put them at ease.
* Communicate and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
* Be reliable and able to serve our customers following our process.
* Experience in sales, hospitality, or customer service is preferred.
* Experience in the garage door industry is preferred but not required - we will train you.
* Must be able to use a computer and/or tablet. You can’t be afraid of technology.
* Must be able to use & read a tape measure.
Pay and Benefits
We offer competitive pay that will meet or beat any trade. During your 90-day training period you will receive hourly training pay. After training, you will receive commissions on the work you complete. Most designers make between $60,000 and $100,000 per year.
* Comprehensive Benefits
* Bonuses & Incentives
* Company-provided vehicle
* PTO and Vacation
* 401K Plans
At Precision Garage Door Service, we take pride in building a strong team and a sophisticated reputation. With our training and processes, the sky is the limit for your success in this industry.
If you are ready to put your customer service and mechanical skills to work to elevate your career, then we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY!