Garage Door Technician
Garage Door Technician
At Impact Home Services, our business is centered on service and we're passionate about what we do. Our environment is fast-paced and offers ample opportunity to grow and develop. This position requires a high level of initiative and frequently exercises discretion and independent judgment.
We are seeking an experienced garage door technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in garage door installation and repair, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. As a technician, please be prepared to travel to various locations and interact with customers on a regular basis.
Primary Area of Focus:
You will be interacting with customers on a daily basis, so you must be patient, respectful, and knowledgeable of all products and operations being presented. You will be responsible for all maintenance required of the garage door. With this role, you will need to stay up to date on different changes happening in the door industry. We offer comprehensive in-depth training to assist with making sure you are overly sufficient in your role.
* Assemble, maintain, and repair garage doors and related equipment. This will include, but not limited to, garage door openers, springs, cables, and rollers
* Diagnose and troubleshoot garage door problems and recommend the best course of action to repair them
* Provide excellent customer service by answering questions, providing estimates, and explaining the work that needs to be done
* Ensure that all work is completed safely and to the highest quality standards
* Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used
* Maintain and organize tools and equipment
* Follow all safety procedures and guidelines
Qualifications and Skills:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Organized and methodical work ethic
* Excellent mechanical skills and attention to detail
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
* Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders, and work in a variety of weather conditions
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for advancement within the company.
The Company is committed to providing a nondiscriminatory employment environment for its employees.
The policy of the Company is to fully comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in the area of nondiscrimination in employment. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years or older), genetic information, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Violations of this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.