Garage Door Service Professional
Are you an eager self-starter that loves to troubleshoot and fix things?
Are you looking for a career where you can advance quickly and have control over your income?
As a Garage Door Technician at Precision Garage Door Service, you’ll receive training so that you can be up and running quickly with your own company vehicle and stream of customers. We will train and provide you with all the necessary tools to grow your career as far as you want to take it.
You will be front and center helping our customers by repairing, replacing, and installing garage doors. You’ll put the customers at ease, making sure they fully understand the service options available that’ll get the job done correctly.
If you are looking for a company that values your success, where you can grow your career and take control of your income, we would love to talk to you.
Apply at Precision Door today!
Why You’ll Want to Join the Precision Garage Door Service Team
As a vetted franchise owner, we’re a leader in the industry, focusing on the customer experience and your career. You’ll receive:
· Professional training and development - Our goal is for our service technicians to do each and every job safely and correctly. You can make a good career as a garage door service technician.
· Incredible pay - You’ll make between $60,000 and $100,000 per year as a service technician - without experience or a college degree! We give you everything you need to succeed.
· A team invested in your future - We’re a team here, and while you’ll be working independently much of the time, you’ll find out quickly that everyone has your back.
· Support from our office - We have one of the best office teams in the industry. We take care of all the appointment-setting, follow-ups, and back-end office work. You just show up at the scheduled location and do what you do best.
· Autonomy - You’ll have a lot of independence as a garage door service technician, with your own company-provided vehicle and flexibility in how you help customers throughout the day.
· Support from the Team - Just because you are on your own doesn’t mean you are completely isolated from the rest of the team. We have a dynamic team environment where we keep in touch with everyone, whether it’s on a group phone call or a FaceTime chat to help each other out through the day. We regularly meet, so you’ll get to know everyone on the team well.
· Friendly Competition and Accountability - We push each other to be better and are all competitive by nature. We hold each other accountable and learn from each other’s mistakes.
· One of the Best - As a Precision Garage Door Service employee, you’ll be representing a brand that sets a high level of professionalism in the industry, from our branded company vehicles to our high-quality level of service. We also set a high bar in compensating and taking care of our employees, providing the best benefits packages and compensation opportunities.
Your Responsibilities as a Service Technician
As a Garage Door Service Technician, you’ll be responsible for repairing and installing garage door parts and equipment on-site at our customer’s location.
· Diagnose and Repair - You’ll be responsible for repairing garage doors, door operators, replacing worn or broken door parts, installing new equipment including doors, and replacing springs.
· Educating the Customer - You’ll explain in detail and help the customer understand their options to repair the issue and prevent future ones. After the work is done, you’ll review and explain it to customers so that they fully understand the work performed.
· Sell Service, Repairs, and New Equipment - Using our proven model, which we train you in, you’ll sell services to the customer using a good/better/best model. You’ll also collect payment from the customer.
· Manage Inventory in Your Vehicle - You’ll need the right equipment, tools, and products to properly sell the job and service the equipment.
How to Succeed in this Role
· Maximizing Your Time - You will stay busy by fully addressing the customer’s needs and offering them the best solutions, and managing your time throughout the day to help as many customers as you can. This allows you to control your own income.
· Quality Work - You’ll make sure the job gets done right the first time.
· Wowing the Customer - Customers will be happy and leave glowing reviews.
· Commitment to Safety - You drive and work safely.
Requirements for the Service Technician Role
Basic Position Requirements
· Must have mechanical aptitude and technical skills.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds independently.
· Must be able to bend, climb, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to work in the heat and cold, both outside and inside garages that may not be temperature-controlled.
· Have interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers and solve issues.
· Communicate and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Be reliable and able to serve our customers following our process.
· Experience in the garage door industry is preferred but not required - we will train you.
· Must be able to use a computer and/or tablet. You can’t be afraid of technology.
· Must be able to use hand tools and operate mechanical equipment.
Pay and Benefits
We offer competitive pay that will meet or beat any trade. During your 90-day training period you will receive a base pay of $XX.XX per hour. After training, you will receive commissions on the work you complete. Most technicians make between $60,000 and $100,000 per year.
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Bonuses & Incentives
· Company-provided vehicle
· PTO and Vacation
· 401K Plans
At Precision Garage Door Service, we take pride in building a strong team and a sophisticated reputation. With our training and processes, the sky is the limit for your success in this industry.
If you are ready to put your customer service and mechanical skills to work to elevate your career, then we want to hear from you.