Residential Garage Door Sales / Estimator
Residential Door Designer
At Impact Home Services, our business is centered on service and we're passionate about what we do. Our environment is fast-paced and offers ample opportunity to grow and develop. This position requires a high level of initiative and frequently exercises discretion and independent judgment.
The Residential Door Designer is a key role within the company, responsible for securing sales of new garage doors for residential customers and providing work for the door installation team.
Primary Area of Focus
This is a mobile role requiring local travel within an assigned territory. The successful door estimator must be knowledgeable of available products, proficient with measurements, have a keen understanding of how garage doors function and fit into a garage, and communicate all of this effectively to homeowners. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and self-directed, with excellent communication and time management skills.
· Sales Leads: Travel to customers’ homes, establish rapport & discover their needs, and present options for new garage doors and operators.
· Quotes: Create detailed quotes, including digital renderings of proposed doors, and present them to customers, and close sales. If needs for other home services are discovered, work with inside Designers (Inside Sales) and services managers
· Communication: Set proper expectations with customers regarding the next steps, time frame, and payment terms. Ensure office staff is aware of all details of each sale
· Documentation: Collect detailed garage measurements and take photos for the installer’s reference. Upload all data into the customer’s account in CRM software Follow Up: Maintain communication with all unsold prospects in order to close as many sales as possible. Log communications in CRM software
· Business Development: Work closely with your Manager and Inside Estimator to Identify and reach out to potential new clients by targeting communities in your territory (HOA) and working relationships to leads and opportunities
· Team Player: As a Door Designer, you will be part of a Sales team supported by inside sales. Maintaining communication with your team member to support clients, sales process, and implementation
· Fleet Maintenance: Maintain upkeep of company vehicle per Fleet guidelines, at company expense
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management
· 12% Commission on the profit of all doors sold at retail price
· 10% Commission on the profit of all doors sold below retail price
· 2% of all leads generated for our other home services (Plumbing, Electric, and any other added)
· Benefits Package (Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K) - 90 Day Probationary Period
· Bi-Weekly Payroll
· $500 Sales Bonus for 55% closing quarterly, paid quarterly
· $500 Sales Bonus for averaging 20+ opener sales quarterly
Qualifications and Skills
· Service Titan knowledge is preferred, but not required
· Sales Training & Sales Methodology Required
The Company is committed to providing a nondiscriminatory employment environment for its employees.
The policy of the Company is to fully comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in the area of nondiscrimination in employment. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age (40 years or older), genetic information, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Violations of this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.